Wednesday, April 9, 2008

BIll Clinton in Greencastle, IN

The self-described "rural hitman" of the Hillary Clinton campaign will be in another Indiana smalltown this Friday. The former President has already visited my former hometown of Lawrenceburg, IN. This weekend he will be in my current hometown of Greencastle, IN.

I believe the man is looking for me!

Probably not.

According to the Banner Graphic the former chief executive...
is tentatively scheduled to speak at 1 p.m., but it may be more like 2 or 2:30 p.m.
According to this report, Mr. Clinton will be speaking at the South Putnam Central Elementary School Gymnasium. That is not actually in Greencastle, but that is what the paper has reported.

This will actually be the second former head of state that Greencastle will have hosted. In March Tony Blair was a guest of DePauw University. I think it's impressive that a community of roughly 10,000 will have hosted a former British PM and US President.

Of course, if Chelsea would visit Greencastle then we'd really be stepping in high cotton. Today the former (and future?) first daughter spoke at three Indiana college campuses, one of them my alma mater, and current employer, Ivy Tech Community College. Ms. Clinton told the crowd:
We're in a lot of trouble right now, and it matters that my mother has been through the fire. (emphasis mine)
I'm not sure what Ms. Clinton's remarks mean. Exactly what fire has her mother endured? Unless she means sniper fire on the tarmac in Bosnia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad I just moved out of Indiana to Florida!